Maintenance Planning Guidelines and Plan Outline
Summary: This guideline will help you identify the appropriate types and timing of maintenance planning for your project, integrate it into your overall project plan, and eventually produce a full-blown maintenance plan later in the project.
This guideline will help you and your team:
What you get:
- Plan ahead for the work that happens after releasing a product or system to its customers.
- Identify items that your project may have to create to support post-project maintenance; for example diagnostic tools, support documentation, etc.
- Instructions on how to use the guideline.
- Introduction to Maintenance planning, types of maintenance work, and how maintenance planning fits within the development of the system or product to be maintained.
- An annotated outline for writing a Maintenance Plan.