Project Definition - Vision Document
Summary: A 1-2 page document created by a team in the early days of a project to build the case for doing a project; negotiate the overall scope and requirements at the highest customer-focused level; and obtain team alignment and capture their agreement on the project definition.
This template will help you and your team:
What you get:
- Flesh out the project definition BEFORE your team descends into defining detailed requirements.
- Make sure that project goals are defined in terms of who the customers are and what benefits the project absolutely must provide to those customers.
Discuss possible tradeoffs on scope, schedule, and resources at a high level and define a doable project that will still meet critical customer requirements.
- Instructions for how to create and evolve a project vision document with your team during project initiation and planning.
- Five-part outline describing the key components of a successful project vision document.
- An example vision document for a PC software project.