Project Sponsor Roles and Responsibilities
Summary: A list of characteristics and responsibilities of the Project Sponsor. The Project Sponsor champions executive approval for the project and provides official backing, support for obtaining timely resources, and strategic direction. He or she acts as the focal point for project decisions beyond the project manager's scope of authority.
This template will help you:
What you get:
- Understand the characteristics and responsibilities of the Project Sponsor.
- Nominate a Project Sponsor, or, if your organization does not assign Project Sponsors, get the practice started!
- Identify whether existing Project Sponsors are fulfilling the desired role.
- An introduction to the Project Sponsor's roles and responsibilities.
- Characteristics of the most effective Project Sponsors.
- How Project Managers can work effectively with the Project Sponsor.