Project Manager/Team Leader Description - Roles & Responsibilities
Summary: A list of the core work and critical underlying responsibilities of a project manager or team leader. It goes beyond the standard "planning, tracking, communicating" list of Project Manager job duties, to clarifying the mindset and responsibility necessary for success. It also includes words from executives as to what they value in their strongest project managers, to help bring the job alive.
This template will help you:
What you get:
- Select the project manager and clarify with the new project manager what his or her key responsibilities are.
- Ensure the project manager understands his or her responsibilities and commit to them and that new project managers become educated on the nuances of the role.
- An overview of the project manager's work including typical job activities.
- An example PM job posting with commonly requested qualifications, skills and aptitudes.
- The more nuanced skills and abilities of a great project manager.
- A project manager's responsibilities during all phases of a project.
- How executives envision a great project manager.