Milestone Table with Driver Tasks
Summary: Milestone tables are an excellent way to communicate high-level project goals and overall project progress (or issues, if milestone dates are not being met). This template suggests formats for a milestone table including the completion dates for each critical milestone, as well as a place to indicate the status of major driving tasks for each.
This template will help you and your team ...
What you get:
- Communicate high-level goals and issues on overall project progress
- Reach a shared understanding of the critical business milestones for the project.
- Reach a shared understanding of the key activities -- the "driving tasks" required to achieve each milestone.
- Keep these driving tasks highly visible throughout project progress.
- Using Format #2, employ a high-level, milestone-driven scheduling in environments where detailed integrated schedules aren't important or appropriate (e.g. small teams, short projects, or iterative/informal environments).
- Instructions for using the templates.
- Three different formats for milestone tables, including sample data and formatting.