Planning and Scheduling: Project Schedule and Critical Path
Summary: This guideline scheduling activities to perform on WBS tasks that have undergone a first pass at resource assignment, dependency identification, and estimation. The result is an integrated schedule in calendar time, but an interim schedule, which will be further refined in the optimization and trade-offs step described in Make Trade-offs and Optimize guideline.
This guideline will help you and your team ...
What you get:
- Translate your project's tasks, estimates and dependencies into a sequence laid out in calendar time
- Help identify how big time and resource issues are
- Generate a starting point for an iterative scheduling process
- Communicate key delivery dates from the resulting calendar calendar schedule to senior management
- Instructions for using the guideline
- An overview of creating an integrated calendar-time schedule
- A guideline for entering information into a scheduling tool
- An overview of the Critical Path
- Checklist to provide a baseline sanity check for your schedule