Planning and Scheduling: Assigning Resources
Summary: This guideline focuses on identifying resources needed for each item in a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS). Includes a worksheet for tracking assignments or assignment data before entering scheduling information into another tool.
This guideline will help you with ...
What you get:
- Timely staffing of the critical, high-leverage period of project initiation and ramp-up
- Consideration of what specific skills and experience are needed when assigning resources to tasks
- Commitment by team members' functional managers to their people's specific involvement
- Avoidance of down-stream resource conflicts with other projects
- Instructions for using the guideline
- Types of members in the project team, along with typical assignments for each
- Tips for effective communication during resource assignment
- How to consider skills, competency and experience needed when assigning resources
- Detailed resource assignment steps
- Example worksheet: Assign Owners and Resources to Work