Introduction to Project Portfolio Management
Summary: A presentation providing an overview of Project Portfolio Management, including project selection as a critical element. It explains the concepts and processes that allow an organization to link its vision, strategy and objectives, to launching and managing a carefully-selected set of projects that meet those objectives.
This template will help you:
What you get:
- Understand the major concepts of project portfolio management, including systematic project selection.
- Understand how strategic scoring criteria can help a company evaluate and rank projects' relative merits.
- See what visual information PPM and project selection processes specifically make available to executives for decision-making.
- Communicate the purpose and value of portfolio management to others in order to gain support for implementing project selection processes.
- A thorough introduction to the concept of project portfolio management and an overview of a PPM process's major steps.
- An introduction to how Project Selection is used to ensure an organization's projects are in line with business objectives.
- Examples of how project scorecards and resource estimates provide fodder for project selection decision making.
- Other examples of the "visuals" PPM processes make available to executives for sound project decision making.