Project Selection and Controlling Project Starts
Summary: A guideline for an ordered process for proposing, reviewing, selecting, and launching new project ideas that support business objectives.
This template will help you:
What you get:
- Design a process by which all new project ideas are officially proposed.
- Prevent staff overload and project overrun with explicit project selection and "starts control".
- Use the time of selection and launch to match resources to commitments for projects, and establish that the project's objectives will be consistent with the corporate strategic objectives.
- Instructions for using the guideline.
- An introduction to project selection and key questions to ask about the proposed project.
- Overview of steps in the project selection process.