Beta Test Plan
Summary: An annotated outline for a full beta test plan document, testing that is often critical for exercising the product, service, or system in a way that cannot be duplicated in the "lab"; and getting customer and end user reaction to the functions and features.
This template will help you:
What you get:
- Provide validation that the system will work properly, be usable, and meet customer requirements.
- Thoroughly plan a beta test activity, taking into account test tracking, customer interactions, how to handle problems that arise.
- Ensure that all aspects needed for a successful beta test are defined and in place ahead of time, such as training, documentation, and related equipment.
- Clarify the expectations and responsibilities of your organization and the customer during the testing.
- Instructions for using the guideline, including recognizing when you know enough to start a beta test plan, and when it's too late.
- A mini-case study to illustrate the importance of beta plan contents.
- A sample beta plan outline for a product or system