Product Requirements Specification
Summary: An annotated outline for a Product Requirements Specification. Such a document is created early in a project to define what a product will be designed to do, in response to requests from customers and Marketing.
This template will help you and your team:
What you get:
- Define what a product will be designed to do, in response to requests from customers and Marketing.
- Ensure that your team has understood and responded thoroughly to the product requests put forward by Marketing.
- Negotiate what requirements listed in the Marketing Requirements Document will "make the cut", and document them in the Product Requirements Specification.
- Plan development activities accordingly and produce meaningful estimates of effort, risk, etc.
- Instructions for using the template.
- A complete sample outline of a Product Requirements Specification.