- Find a Resource •
- Hear From Experts •
- For Your Role •
- Training •
- For Your Organization
How-To Mini-Courses > Leadership from Every Seat at the Project Table
Leadership from Every Seat at the Project Table
Presented by Michael Aucoin,
President of Leading Edge Management
1 PDU (Category A)
Turn every team member into a project leader
Have you ever noticed that the "star player" on your team seems to do all the talking? Ever wonder what the others are thinking -- or what they might be holding back?
A team is a fabric, and each person's contribution adds to its overall strength. As a proactive project leader, you want to get your team members working together to address issues on their own initiative, instead of waiting for someone else to step up and take the lead. You want to support the development of your team members as well as your project's deliverables. You want an energized project environment, with team members who take responsibility for keeping relationships positive and effective. You want leadership from every seat at the table.
This course by Mike Aucoin, author of Right-Brain Project Management, discusses how each team member can exercise personal ownership and initiative throughout the project to avoid or solve typical project problems. After discussing how distributed leadership (or its lack) impacts the team and its success, he presents concepts the project manager can use to cultivate the leadership attitude and actions of each team member.
When you've finished this course, you will
- Understand how beliefs about people can shape our expectations about their leadership
- Understand how the team environment can encourage and reward individual leadership, so people will actually want to try it
- Have examples of leadership from every seat at the table, as a model for distributed leadership on your own teams
Included in this download:
- Course recording by Michael Aucoin of Leading Edge Management
- A complete course transcript
- Articles and guidelines referenced in the course, to help you put these techniques to use right away
- A quiz with instructions for receiving 1 Category A (formerly Category 3) PDU upon completing the course
©Copyright 2000-2015 Emprend, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
About us Site Map View current sponsorship opportunities (PDF)
Contact us for more information or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Get our latest content delivered to your inbox, every other week. New case studies, articles, templates, online courses, and more.
Check out our Newsletter Archive
for past issues.