Budget and Cost Tracking Formats
Summary: Spreadsheet formats for documenting the projected costs of a project and for high-level cost tracking, ranging from a simple, single-page format to detailed, task-level cost tracking. These spreadsheets aren't for the kind of detailed tracking required if you're billing by the hour, for instance.
This template will help you ...
What you get:
- Determine the budget and cost-tracking level and format most appropriate for your project needs.
- Communicate the major components of the project's cost and how they are distributed across the major work breakdown of the project.
- Communicate the costs of developing the requested features and requirements, and to enable cost-scope-time tradeoffs.
- Track costs at varying levels of detail to help spot variances or possible trouble spots in the project. These formats are chosen to enable that kind of tracking without too much overhead.
- Two sample budget formats, organized by WBS.
- A high-level cost-tracking format, tracked by WBS.
- Two detailed cost-tracking formats, tracked at the task or sub-system level.