Project Stakeholder/Influencer Assessment and Communication Plan
Summary: People can influence a project dramatically for the worse by refusing to commit resources, by not being available for reviews, or by failing to provide key specifications or specialized knowledge at the right time. This file provides a brief guideline and worksheet for identify all project stakeholders, critical information sources, and everyone else who could influence your project and assess the nature of their impact, so you can plan proactive communication to engage them and benefit from their participation.
This template will help you ...
- Consider the groups and individuals inside and outside the organization that can aid or impede the project through their attitude toward the project and their related action (or inaction).
- Determine what types of information they need to receive during the project.
- Document a plan for how, what, and how often to communicate to these influencers.
- Ensure stakeholder expectations are set and met and information is exchanged properly.
Table of Contents:
- Why Analyze Project Influencers?
- Types of Influencers
- How to Analyze Influencers and Plan Actions and Communication
- Project Influencer Assessment and Communications Plan
- Example Project Influencer Assessment and Communications Plan