Project Kickoff Meeting Agenda and Guidelines
Summary: An example agenda for holding a kickoff meeting for a new project and detailed guidelines for preparing for and running this intense team session. Sure, you might prefer to "just get to work." But if a team member gets off track, or a cross-functional team member wasn't even aware of what was needed, the entire project can end up in the weeds.
This guideline will help you and your team:
What you get:
- Align quickly behind the business objectives.
- Create team energy around the common goal and an initial understanding of how each team member fits.
- Ensure that any issues and misunderstandings regarding project objectives get aired right away.
- Ensure that the team "gets to work" and makes real progress together quickly.
- Instructions on how to prepare and run a kickoff meeting.
- A sample kickoff meeting agenda