Product and Project Risk Assessment and Mitigation Tables
Summary: This file contains an overview explanation of risk management and several examples of Risk Assessment Tables to be used during the early project selection process and during detailed investigation and planning work. The goal is to ensure that technical and non-technical risks are factored into decisions about launching a project, as well as full project planning, so risks will be managed proactively. Specific techniques for uncovering risks based on innovations or inherent in critical dependencies are included.
This guideline will help you and your team ...
What you get:
- Quickly evaluate a new project idea for business benefit, potential scope, and level of risk
- Flag the project team on areas where they will need to do a more involved risk assessment
- Understand the potential impact of risks on project costs, schedule, and scope.
- Ensure adequate time and money are included in the project to avoid or handle risks should they occur
- Introduction to the goals of risk activities in a project
- Sample template with instructions for early project risk assessment
- Sample template with instructions for technical or innovations risk assessment
- Sample template with instructions for non-technical risk assessment
- Sample template with instructions and example data for a probability/impact risk matrix