New Project Proposal
Summary: Templates for creating a brief description of a new project idea, typically used as input to a project portfolio planning process (whether formal or informal). The goal is to not only capture good ideas for new projects, but also to provide a crisp and consistent format that allows new project ideas to be rapidly and systematically compared with projects already in the start queue or in operation.
This template will help you:
What you get:
- Capture ideas for new projects in a crisp and consistent format.
- Create a process that stops ad-hoc project launches without sufficient consideration of each project's relative worth.
- Get a new idea into consideration as a potential project, even when the potential return is not fully known.
- Clarify the business justification for new projects, including rough initial cost estimates and benefits.
- Instructions for using the template with team members and executives.
- Sample New Project Proposal forms at different levels of detail and uses as one-time proposal vs. a "living document" as the project idea evolves.