Opportunity Screening Worksheet
Summary: An Opportunity Screening worksheet is used to help determine if an idea is worth enough to the company to commission a product development project. Can be used to identify the important issues in making that decision and then evaluate those factors for each new proposed project.
This template will help you and your team:
What you get:
- Analyze a specific product idea with respect to the market need and potential market risks.
- Test whether the idea represents a unique competitive advantage.
- Ensure that the opportunity fits well enough within the company's current capabilities.
- Identify "qualified projects" which may yield the highest return on investment.
- Instructions for using the template.
- Multi-page worksheet with sections covering Opportunity Overview, Fit with Core Capabilities, Barriers to Entry, Value Added, Essential Advantage, Long-Term Sustained Revenue, Market Position, and Profitability.
- Multiple questions in each section for individual or team completion.
- Ranking scale for each section's overall results.
- A grid for listing the results from each section, setting a weighting on each factor, calculating an overall "fit" results, and evaluating the result.