Summary: A document used to initiate a new project with a succinct statement of objectives. It summarizes what a new project has been charged to do: the business justification, major goals, deliverables, assumptions, and parameters.
This template will help you:
What you get:
- Launch a project with a clear message from the executives as to its overall business goals, along with any key executive assumptions and constraints.
- Summarize results of any early concept and feasibility investigation that led to chartering the project in this form.
- Communicate the initial project parameters that have been laid out for this project in terms of resources, budget, scope, and delivery date.
- Explanation of when and how the Project Charter is created.
- Annotated outline for a Project Charter document.
- Suggestions for how to use a Project Charter signoff process to ensure proper communication of the project's kickoff to affected parties.