Setting Strategic Project Selection Criteria
Summary: Typical strategic categories of project selection criteria, and a guideline for using these categories to screen candidate projects for your organization's portfolio. Designed for use with our companion Strategic Project Prioritization Worksheet (included in bundle).
This guideline will help you:
What you get:
- Understand how to set criteria that will help select projects that directly support the unique goals and strategies of your organization.
- Develop and enforce a disciplined process for consistently asking "To what degree does this project enable us to reach each goal and each strategy?" before launching the project.
- Avoid expending effort and resources on the wrong projects and undermining the corporations overall financial objectives.
- Instructions for using the guideline.
- An introduction to typical strategic project selection criteria.
- An example of how a company vision flows down to specific selection criteria.
- Guidance for using selection criteria with our companion template, the Strategic Project Selection Worksheet (included in bundle)