Master Test List
Summary: A Master Test List provides a tabular format for listing the tests to be run during a testing cycle (such as Beta, System test etc.), with a place to categorize and describe each test, provide pass-fail criteria, indicate the planned run day or week; and log pass-fail test results.
This template will help you:
What you get:
- Develop a plan/test case document for small projects, documenting all cases to be run while still providing a quick-reference look at what has been tested.
- Create a master list for larger projects, with test case detail residing either later in the document as text paragraphs, or in separate documents.
- Specify how a test should be run, what should be measured or observed, and what should be recorded.
- Ensure a test is not declared "passed" without an objective assessment of its results against the master list criteria.
- Instructions for using the Master Test List.
- An example Master Test List template, which covers purpose, test types, timelines, and resources required.