Release Decision Process Guidelines
Summary: Guidelines for typical processes that can be used near the end of a project to systematically review open issues and determine which ones must be corrected before the project deliverable(s) can be released and the project considered complete.
This template will help you:
What you get:
- Ensure that teams make a thorough evaluation and responsible release of the project's deliverables
- Demonstrate that you have management control over the endgame.
- Reduce the risk of upper management stepping in and unilaterally making a premature release decision.
- Instructions for using the guideline.
- A thorough description of the release decision process.
- A step-by-step guide through the release decision process, including multiple examples.
- Suggestions of additional tools to use in the release decision-making process.