Agile Technique Brief - Requirements Cards
Summary: A technique for expressing each customer or functional requirement in a succinct way that supports an agile development approach. The format explicitly includes the business value of the requirement, which helps requirements prioritization for each iteration and release; and the definition of "done" for this requirement from the ultimate customer's viewpoint, which aids in testing to ensure the requirement has truly been satisfied.
This guideline will help you and your team:
What you get:
- Adopt a new format for capturing functional requirements from a customer or user "wants" point of view, including the ultimate benefit or value the customer is after from each requirement.
- Use scenarios to plan detailed testing to ensure the requirements have been met.
- Decide how to use the approach as a team during different parts of the project.
- Instructions for using this approach with the team to capture requirements up front and during each development iteration of a project.
- Guidance for how to use the same statements to create scenarios for testing that will ensure the implementation is complete.
- Standard formats for requirements statements and related scenarios.
- Examples of requirements statements and scenarios using the approach.