Change Control Form
Summary: A form for requesting and documenting changes to the project (e.g. adding new features) or to elements within the project (such as changing a major specification of a piece of a system, product, or other deliverable). Includes fields for impact of the proposed change on the project timeline, budget etc., and on the components of the project deliverables.
This template will help you:
What you get:
- Avoid "scope creep" caused by changes made without formal review.
- Ensure that the impact of any proposed change to the project definition, or specific components of the project is thoroughly understood, carefully considered, and formally approved.
- Increase the level of change control as a project progresses, in order to protect the project against late, disruptive changes.
- Instructions for using the template.
- Tips for establishing a process by which changes will be proposed and reviewed using the change control form.
- Complete Change Control Form template.