Software Requirements Capture Guideline
Summary: Detailed guidelines from an experienced software development executive intent on capturing all necessary requirements, documenting them thoroughly, and ensuring they are well understood. Be sure you're actually building the right thing -- and be sure everyone else is sure, too.
This template will help you:
What you get:
- Capture all the requirements necessary to build the right product.
- Ensure all requirements are well understood by describing them in a clear, complete, consistent, unambiguous, and precise way.
- Form the basis for future modifications on existing systems.
- Instructions for using the template.
- An overview of software requirements and its role in the development cycle.
- A detailed guideline for defining the format and contents of specifications, determining the roles involved, and describing and documenting the requirements process.
- Example usage scenario and sequence diagram.