- Find a Resource •
- Hear From Experts •
- For Your Role •
- Training •
- For Your Organization
How-To Mini-Courses > Agile Development: Core Methods
Agile Development: Core Methods
Presented by Kent McDonald, KnowledgeBridge Partners
1 PDU (Category A)
What do you mean, "What Kind of Agile?"
Agile is not a One Size Fits All solution, any more than traditional waterfall development. You might be blessed with a small team that can read each other's minds. There's an Agile for that. But maybe you have a larger project that requires a lot of domain knowledge. There's an Agile for that, too. Maybe you have a project environment that cries out for a phase-based approach. Yep, there's an agile for that.
This mini-course provides a fast introduction to four major methods collectively referred to as "Agile development": Scrum, Extreme Programming, Crystal, and Feature-Driven Development. His high-level orientation will help you understand the ins and outs of various Agile methodologies along with their strengths and weaknesses. You'll come away with a better understanding of the various Agile camps and which approaches might be most applicable to your project environment.
When you've finished this course
- You'll understand the key elements that differentiate these four Agile methods.
- You'll be able to compare and evaluate the methods and select the best one for a sample project.
Included in this download:
- Course recording by Kent McDonald of Knowledge Bridge Partners
- A complete course transcript
- Technique briefs outlining core principles of Agile development and each of the 4 methodologies discussed in this session
- A quiz with instructions for receiving 1 Category A PDU upon completing the course and exercise
©Copyright 2000-2014 Emprend, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
About us Site Map View current sponsorship opportunities (PDF)
Contact us for more information or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Get our latest content delivered to your inbox, every other week. New case studies, articles, templates, online courses, and more.
Check out our Newsletter Archive for past issues.
Sign Up Now