- Find a Resource •
- Hear From Experts •
- For Your Role •
- Training •
- For Your Organization
How-To Mini-Courses > Agile Development: Core Methods
Agile Development: Core Methods
Presented by Kent McDonald, KnowledgeBridge Partners
1 PDU (Category A)
What do you mean, "What Kind of Agile?"
Agile is not a One Size Fits All solution, any more than traditional waterfall development. You might be blessed with a small team that can read each other's minds. There's an Agile for that. But maybe you have a larger project that requires a lot of domain knowledge. There's an Agile for that, too. Maybe you have a project environment that cries out for a phase-based approach. Yep, there's an agile for that.
This mini-course provides a fast introduction to four major methods collectively referred to as "Agile development": Scrum, Extreme Programming, Crystal, and Feature-Driven Development. His high-level orientation will help you understand the ins and outs of various Agile methodologies along with their strengths and weaknesses. You'll come away with a better understanding of the various Agile camps and which approaches might be most applicable to your project environment.
When you've finished this course
- You'll understand the key elements that differentiate these four Agile methods.
- You'll be able to compare and evaluate the methods and select the best one for a sample project.
Included in this download:
- Course recording by Kent McDonald of Knowledge Bridge Partners
- A complete course transcript
- Technique briefs outlining core principles of Agile development and each of the 4 methodologies discussed in this session
- A quiz with instructions for receiving 1 Category A PDU upon completing the course and exercise
©Copyright 2000-2015 Emprend, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
About us Site Map View current sponsorship opportunities (PDF)
Contact us for more information or e-mail email@example.com
Get our latest content delivered to your inbox, every other week. New case studies, articles, templates, online courses, and more.
Check out our Newsletter Archive
for past issues.