- Find a Resource •
- Hear From Experts •
- For Your Role •
- Training •
- For Your Organization
How-To Mini-Courses > Overview of Agile Development
Overview of Agile Development
Presented by Kent McDonald, KnowledgeBridge Partners
1 PDU (Category A)
What is this agile stuff anyway, and why does it work?
Agile teams don't do this. They don't use that. What do
they do? What, exactly, makes a project or a team "Agile"? Without lots of pre-ordained processes and techniques to guide (or restrict) them, Agile teams rely on key Agile values and principles as guardrails. Those values guide their decisions, and help them create the right amount of risk mitigation for their project, while still building business value. Understanding those values and principles and how they can be applied enables a richer understanding of Agile methods and their value.
This short course and related paper provide an overview of the principles collectively referred to as "Agile development." In this session, Kent focuses on explaining the overall value system behind the various Agile approaches and techniques, and why those values can lead to better projects.
When you've finished this course
- You'll be able to discuss the strengths of Agile development practices and key aspects of agile planning.
- You'll know the core principles of Agile project management as outlined in the documents central to its values.
- You'll have several ideas for benefiting from Agile techniques now, without requiring an all-out culture shift in your organization.
Included in this download:
- Course recording by Kent McDonald of Knowledge Bridge Partners
- A complete course transcript
- The paper referenced in the course, plus related templates and articles, to provide deeper understanding of the course material
- A quiz with instructions for receiving 1 Category A PDU upon completing the course
©Copyright 2000-2014 Emprend, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
About us Site Map View current sponsorship opportunities (PDF)
Contact us for more information or e-mail email@example.com
Get our latest content delivered to your inbox, every other week. New case studies, articles, templates, online courses, and more.
Check out our Newsletter Archive for past issues.
Sign Up Now