This Course requires a Premium Subscription
Please log in to access your Premium benefits! Don't have a log-in? Sign up and subscribe now
. Already a Member? Log in to upgrade immediately and get the benefits!
15-day trial period for new Premium subscribers! Learn more
Presented by Mike Aucoin, President of Leading Edge Management
1 PDU (Category A)
Subscription required for course
I Brought Bagels, Wasn't That Enough?
Money can't buy happiness -- or team cooperation and engagement, as it turns out. So how can you keep your team members energized and show them that their effort is noticed and appreciated, without resorting to hokey rah-rah? With creativity, a personal connection, and a little up-front planning.
This course by Mike Aucoin, author of Right-Brain Project Management, explains the different forms motivation can take, and how (and why) things like a compelling purpose can inspire far more than the desire to receive rewards. There are better and more effective ways to motivate your team than bribing them for good work. Learn new ways to motivate your team, inspire them to succeed, and get them excited about the potential results, even if they are working on "just another software project," and even if you can't afford any more bagels. 1 PDU
When you've finished this course
- You will understand the different forms motivation can take, and how a compelling purpose can matter more than a financial reward.
- You will know how to implement creative and meaningful rewards and recognition ideas, and systematically plan for them at the beginning of your project.
- You will know several ways you can keep your team energized and engaged, even in the face of tension and tight deadlines, and without resorting to bribery.
Included in this download:
- Course recording by Michael Aucoin of Leading Edge Management
- A complete course transcript
- Guidelines referenced in the recording, to help you put these techniques to use right away
- A quiz with instructions for receiving 1 Category-3 PDU upon completing the course
Related Items on ProjectConnections
Want to learn more about motivating your team without going over the top? Check out these resources elsewhere on the site. (Premium subscription may be required to view these resources.)
Burning Questions and Problem Solvers
Templates and Guidelines
Papers and Articles
©Copyright 2000-2014 Emprend, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
About us Site Map View current sponsorship opportunities (PDF)
Contact us for more information or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org