- Find a Resource •
- Hear From Experts •
- For Your Role •
- Training •
- For Your Organization
How-To Mini-Courses > Getting the Right Project Team, the First Time
Getting the Right Project Team, the First Time
Presented by Cinda Voegtli,
Founder of ProjectConnections.com
1 PDU (Category A)
Now that I have a project, how do I get the right team?
Too many managers fall into the trap of thinking about names when they should be thinking about the roles, skills, and availability required to get the project done. Getting to that dream team list -- the staff that knows how to solve this problem and is available and eager to do it -- requires understanding all the work that will go into the project, the work that will come out of it, and the managers and teams that will be affected.
It's a lot to coordinate, but it's worth it to get the right group. This course will help you identify a strong, cross-functional core team for your project, along with any other resources you'll need, and to make sure the team has the skills and experience needed to complete the work successfully. You could wait to see who gets assigned, or you can take the lead on your project staffing, getting buy-in from the functional managers who will supply staff. Get committed team members, with managers who support their commitment to the project, and avoid staffing conflicts and oversights that could sandbag your work or cause costly delays.
This course will help you
- Staff your project in a timely fashion, starting with the critical initiation phase.
- Build a full cross-functional team that covers all the work the project will require.
- Ensure cross-functional team members are participating early enough to help the team catch hidden work and gotchas.
- Clarify team member roles and responsibilities so everyone knows what's expected and who is relying on their work.
Included in this download:
- Course recording by Cinda Voegtli of ProjectConnections.com
- Detailed templates that illustrate how you can put these techniques to use on your own projects
- A complete course transcript
- A quiz with instructions for receiving 1 Category A PDU upon completing the course
©Copyright 2000-2015 Emprend, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
About us Site Map View current sponsorship opportunities (PDF)
Contact us for more information or e-mail email@example.com
Get our latest content delivered to your inbox, every other week. New case studies, articles, templates, online courses, and more.
Check out our Newsletter Archive
for past issues.