- Find a Resource •
- Hear From Experts •
- For Your Role •
- Training •
- For Your Organization
How-To Mini-Courses > Identifying Project Risks
Identifying Project Risks
Presented by Carl Pritchard, Pritchard Management Associates
1 PDU (Category A)
We should have seen this coming
You thought it would be easy; a risk analysis would have said otherwise. There are several reasons your team members might not give you the whole story on project risks. They may fear being seen as negative or not a team player. They may be so distracted by the horror stories they can't see the realistic issues. Or they just may need a little prompting to think beyond "cost, schedule, scope" and see the trees in the forest. But without that gory list of risk events, your project is almost guaranteed to run up against that iron triangle somewhere. Wouldn't it be nice to see it coming this time?
This course by Carl Pritchard of Pritchard Management Associates explains how you can start a productive risk conversation with your team; one that includes real risk statements, strips away the blinders, and fills your risk register to overflowing, so you know exactly what you're up against. (A later course explains how to figure out which of those dozens and dozens of risks actually matter to your team.) He covers typical sources of project risks, and explains how to ferret them out of your team using the WBS and other tools.
Every project, large or small, needs systematic risk management. Start yours off right by identifying the risks you need to plan for.
When you've finished this course, you will
- Know how to construct a good risk statement, and whether or not your current risk list meets the test.
- Understand how to work with your team to elicit the most (and most realistic) risks possible for your project's risk list.
- Know how to use risk models to identify consistent areas of risk in the organization.
- Have multiple techniques at your disposal to collect and categorize risks to your project.
Included in this download:
- Course recording by Carl Pritchard of Pritchard Management Associates
- Templates and procedures that illustrate and explain risk identification processes
- A complete course transcript
- A quiz with instructions for receiving 1 Category-3 PDU upon completing the course
©Copyright 2000-2015 Emprend, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
About us Site Map View current sponsorship opportunities (PDF)
Contact us for more information or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Get our latest content delivered to your inbox, every other week. New case studies, articles, templates, online courses, and more.
Check out our Newsletter Archive
for past issues.