- Find a Resource •
- Hear From Experts •
- For Your Role •
- Training •
- For Your Organization
How-To Mini-Courses > Tracking and Managing the Performance of Virtual Teams
Tracking and Managing the Performance of Virtual Teams
Presented by Cinda Voegtli, founder and CEO of ProjectConnections.com
1 PDU (Category A)
I can't even see them, so how do I know they're actually working on my project?
Whether you're coordinating far-flung core team members or semi-independent contractors and vendors, you're still working with team members you may never actually see. You need some way to understand what they're getting done without getting in their face, and you need to do it without burying them -- or you -- in bureaucratic reports.
This course from Cinda Voegtli addresses the unique challenges of tracking and managing distributed team members. No matter where your team members are located or who they report to, there are several easy forms of tracking and communication you can use ensure that the right work is getting done at the right time. With the techniques and examples discussed in this session, you can be confident of where your project really stands, and find out early if someone's project work is slipping off track. The trick is to focus on what is getting done, not necessarily how it's getting done.
When you've finished this course, you'll be able to
- Establish tracking that everyone in the project is comfortable with, even if they come from different functional groups, organizations, or cultures
- Set up reporting that shows what's really going on in a project without making team members feel micro-managed or suffocated by paperwork
- Avoid common status reporting pitfalls that can obscure the true state of the project
- Understand real project progress, even when you're working with people you can't see
Included in this download:
- Course recording by Cinda Voegtli of ProjectConnections.com
- A collection of example documents and templates, to help you put these techniques to use right away on your own projects
- A complete course transcript
- A quiz with instructions for receiving 1 Category A PDU upon completing the course
©Copyright 2000-2014 Emprend, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
About us Site Map View current sponsorship opportunities (PDF)
Contact us for more information or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Get our latest content delivered to your inbox, every other week. New case studies, articles, templates, online courses, and more.
Check out our Newsletter Archive for past issues.
Sign Up Now