- Find a Resource •
- Hear From Experts •
- For Your Role •
- Training •
- For Your Organization
How-To Mini-Courses > Speaking Up! Influence Skills for Getting What You Need
Speaking Up! Influence Skills for Getting What You Need
Presented by DeAnna Burghart of ProjectConnections.com
1 PDU (Category A)
You can (and should) make a difference
Have you ever dropped something you thought was important because you figured you couldn't make a difference? Not only do you not have to leave issues to more eloquent team members, you really shouldn't. Teams work best when every team member brings their best to the table, and that includes speaking up effectively when they see something going south. No frantic hand waving, no unnecessary alarmism, just a simple but effective case. This looks wrong. We need to fix it.
This short course and related guideline will help you bolster confidence and develop the most effective case possible in every venue available to you. By learning what motivates people to help and how to build an effective and succinct case, you can make the most of your time with team members, stakeholder conversations, customer advocacy, sponsor reports, and executive interventions. Learn how to speak up effectively, or brush up your current skills, and start making a difference.
When you've finished this course, you will
- How to make your case, and make it well, in 5 sentences, even on the spur of the moment
- Know several key factors you can use to influence (not trick!) others to help you, especially when you have the luxury of planning ahead
- Understand how to avoid common pitfalls and obstacles that can keep you from being effective
Included in this download:
- Course recording by DeAnna Burghart of ProjectConnections.com
- A complete course transcript
- The guideline referenced in the course, as well as related templates and guidelines, to help you put these techniques to use right away
- A quiz with instructions for receiving 1 Category A PDU upon completing the course
©Copyright 2000-2014 Emprend, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
About us Site Map View current sponsorship opportunities (PDF)
Contact us for more information or e-mail email@example.com
Get our latest content delivered to your inbox, every other week. New case studies, articles, templates, online courses, and more.
Check out our Newsletter Archive for past issues.
Sign Up Now